WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Lil’ help promoting my book

theDavetheDave subscriber Posts: 2
edited September 2006 in Marketing
Hey guys!I was wondering if anyone could lend a helping hand for promoting my book, www.feelgoodvibes.com.  It is off to a good start for where it is, but I would really like to get things moving.  We have a beautiful community board, a blog that gets a bit of attention, and a few freebees.  Any ideas or help you guys might be able to give would be very appreciated. =)Thanks!

Comments

• LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
  • theDavetheDave subscriber Posts: 2
    Cant say I have.  Just took a look at it, wasnt sure how it would help me.  Was there something specifically you wanted me to see?
    theDave2006-9-13 19:7:58
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    The site allows you to post press releases about your book which are then picked up by search engines - and reviewed by publications around the world.  The site was incredibly useful to me in marketing and promoting my first book - resulting in a great deal of media coverage, offers to speak around the country and requests for excerpts (and the writing of new articles).I also made use of PRweb and PRLeap a great deal.  In addition, I was asked to participate in some local book fairs are promotion and did a few readings. Local libary associations were also helpful in promoting my book.- J.
  • DrLADrLA subscriber Posts: 0
    the Dave,
    You site is awesome, the Law of Attraction is HOT these days.  Have you seen the movie "the Secret?"  If not you can find a link to it on my site, YOU would love it, it matches your line of business.
    Looking to expand your reach?  It all depends on how deep your pockets are.  You did a great job with the press release for you book, more of that would be a good idea.  You could hook up with a non profit organization in your area and teach a few inner city kids how to Feel Good Vibers; do a free seminar at the Library or cost effective meeting center. Events, when done correctly, bring out the local press and media. Are you a speaker?  If not pop into a local Toastmasters and get speaking, a great way to not only promote your book but spread your passion. 
    Online networking is an excellent way to increase the hits on your site.  You post, I answered and looked at your site AND I`m interested in purchasing your book!  Oh, and be patient!
    If you would like to get more specific you can email me at www.spiritofwealth.org</A> and we can discuss some ideas a little further.
    In the Spirit of Wealth,
    Dr. LA

Beautiful!  Thanks guys!PRweb is great, and has worked for me as well. =)  That was the one that was on the front page of yahoo business.  I made a contribution of $100 and boom, there it was.  What a great investment that was.I am not a speaker yet, but I do want to be.  So toastmasters is a great idea.  The LOA stuff is very cool, i have been into Abraham-Hicks for a while, and other authors/teachers who tought that line of thinking. =)  The secret is an incredible movie that everyone on the planet needs to see.  That is exactly the type of thing i would like to promote on Feel Good Vibes. 
    You guys are off the hook. =)Thanks for the great advice Shonika! My primary intention with my first book was to make it cheap, and easily accessible for anyone who wants the info.  I do believe in making a profit doing what I love, and I also enjoy making peoples days brighter by introducing them to some ideas and concepts they may  have never heard before.  So your suggestions are really in sync with both of those ideals.Thanks again, keep the great ideas coming. =)
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi Dave
    I just made an ebook page for marketers. You may get some idea`s if you visit.. http://www.aselectchoice.com.au/Gm/writingebooks.html</A>
    Regards Michael Clayton (rexiedexie)
    Hey there bey!Go Beyond.. great quote. =)I think the best way to go is to publish using www.lulu.comThey are really top notch in every area from customer service, to shipping, to the user friendliness of the entire site.I have seen a few people who use lulu become very successful by promoting their book themselves by doing speaking engagements at institutions that relate to their work. For a childrens book, I would imagine schools, after school programs-- any place dealing with kids would be interested in a speaker.  Then of course you sell the book afterwards and stick around to sign them.Another good thing about lulu-- if your book meets the requirements for global publishing-- lulu will make your book available world wide in bookstores, and i believe people can then "special order" them from bookstores like barnes and noble-- and when they order from barnes and noble, b&n doesn`t just order one or two, they get several, and stock them.Even if your book doesn`t meet those requirements, I still recomend using lulu, or a self publishing service that makes your book available for purchase online.  At the end of the day, you keep 70% of the profit, and while the lure of finding a publisher is tempting-- most will not pay you more than 10% on royalties-- and the "up front" payment can be pretty shallow.  Plus, if you go with lulu, or something like that, and sell several yourself-- if you DO decide to go that route, figures are easy to sell to publishers, i would imagine.
  • rexiedexierexiedexie subscriber Posts: 97 Silver Level Member
    Hi dave
    Dave have you considered joining writingup. There are many articles there about book promotions.
    See http://www.writingup.com/blog/rexiedexie</A>
    Some more book links this page  http://www.helptosucceed.love-au.com/</A>
    http://www.aselectchoice.com.au/Gm/toolsthree.html</A>