WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Vendors that will extend credit to a new business

ejeangillesejeangilles subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Startup Funding
Does anyone know any vendors out there that will extend credit to a new business. I have credit with Staple, Quill and Viking already. I checked and found that Nebs, Fedex and USPS doesn`t report to DNB. Those are the one I found on this website. I need about 3 more to achieve a paydex score. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Options
    LizhrdtLizhrdt subscriber Posts: 0
    There is a great site for this, I think it is called credit forums.com
  • Options
    ejeangillesejeangilles subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks for the information. I called roadway and they seem to be a commercial shipper and wouldn`t have a need for them right now for I am a small business looking to esatablish my business credit. Does anyone know of any small retail or office equipment stores that extends credit
  • Options
    DefMallDefMall subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    HI!
    I just found your post and am hoping I can help.

When a new dealer wants to do business with us, and has minimal credit references, we usually extend them SOME sort of credit. Maybe a $250 or $300 limit. But as long as they pay within the Net 30 terms we gradually raise the limit.

What kind of business are you in?
    What kind of vendors do you need? 
    DefMall7/15/2008 2:21 PM
  • Options
    creditgurucreditguru subscriber Posts: 0
    The best bet is getting experts to help you out, otherwise you might end up spinning your wheels for awhile. Building a strong business credit score is a difficult process. There are plenty of companies out there that can help with this exact sort of thing.