WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

The Business Credit Co-op - Beware

ProgearProgear subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2009 in Thought Leadership
I just wanted to take a moment to make everyone aware of this company and there practices or lack of. My first words of advice for anyone looking to use a company unknown to them, please go to the BBB and look for a report. Had I done this with this company, I would not have been writing this piece now.

Beware of this Company : The Business Credit Co-Op, 7735 Fair Oaks Blvd #465
                                         Carmichael, CA  95608

Based on the forums on this site, I looked up this company (The Business Credit Co-op)to build our credit back in Sept of this year. They ended up billing our account twice causing an overdraft situation incurring some fees. Several emails later they finally refunded one of the charges and did not address the fees due to there misbilling. Since then I have emailed this company several times over the last few months with no response at all. Not only did we incurr addditional costs, but the website does not live up to their claims. The information is very limited and outdated and some of the website features do not even work. READ THE BBB REPORT ON THIS COMPANY - IT SAYS IT ALL. Even the BBB can not locate the company????

Please do your research before using any company on the web and use a charge card.

Comments

• Options
    creditgurucreditguru subscriber Posts: 0
    Thanks for the heads up. Building a strong business credit score is a difficult process. It is definitely a good idea to do some research and get referals from any company you plan to do business with. Hopefully this will prevent someone from getting scammed by this company and get some help from a legitimate company.