WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Looking for a few people to Critique my site!

lashaun10lashaun10 subscriber Posts: 1
edited August 2006 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone!
I stumbled across Startup Nation by chance, and I`m so glad I did!  I`ve just launched a virtual assistance company and I`m still in the start-up phase.  I chose this business because of my administrative abilities and most of all- my organizational skills.  I`m somewhat of an odd-ball because I`ve always loved administrative work- typing, creating spreadsheets, data entry, filling out forms (yes- very strange, I know)...so I`ve decided to use it to my advantage.
My plan is to generate business mostly by word of mouth rather than search engines.  In fact, my first client is the Realtor who helped us by our house last year.  She`s a talker so I know she`ll tell lots of people about me.
All that being said, I just wanted to see if I could get of few of the more "seasoned" entrepreneurs to take a look at my site and tell me what you think (http://www.mycybersist.com</A>).  I`ll admit that I`m somewhat of a minimalist- so there aren`t any flashing lights or scrolling marques; I just want to clearly convey my business and the services I provide.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!
Tiffany
Cybersist ~ Simplify.  Organize. Watch it Grow.lashaun102006-8-28 10:32:7

Comments

• lashaun10lashaun10 subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi CommanderK.
    Thank you so much for the feedback.  I think you`re absolutely right about the three buttons on the right.  This is my first time creating a website so I was completely lost about where to put those.  Could you please tell me what you mean when you talk about adding the business name and keywords into the title of my index page?  Do you mean I should include my business name where it says "Home" as opposed to the left side of the page?
    Thanks!
    Tiffany
  • amacgi1amacgi1 subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi Tiffany,
    I think the simplicity of your page is a good thing. Like CommanderK said things that flash usual detract from your content and reduce the perception of your professionalism. That siad, I have one main suggestion that I think might help you out:
    Try and add a way for people to take the next step (ie start working with you) right there after you introduce the benefits of your service or the pricing of your service, etc.
    I read about some great reasons to use VA and I`m left to figure out what I do next. Even it`s as simple as adding a link that says, `email us to get started` or a form.
    My two cents, hope it helps.
    Andrewamacgi12006-8-28 17:36:52