WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Corporate Sponsors - Friend or Foe?

rocknroll333rocknroll333 subscriber Posts: 2
edited November 2006 in Marketing
With TIVO and new technology, more and more companies seem to be sponsoring businesses as a way to get to consumers to pay attention to their brand.
I recently learned of companies going after kids at camp by partnering with camps nationwide and integrating their products directly with the camp program.
Another example is a friend of mine could not afford a dream wedding so she got companies to sponsor her wedding. The Hotel, Photographers, Lighting people, DJ etc all were sponsored and free. In exchange her wedding is featured in the hotels brochures etc.
The question is:   It seems that individual brands are a thing of the past. What are the positives and negatives to working with corporate sponsors?

Comments

• Options
    BluPantherBluPanther subscriber Posts: 5

With TIVO and new technology, more and more companies seem to be sponsoring businesses as a way to get to consumers to pay attention to their brand.
    I recently learned of companies going after kids at camp by partnering with camps nationwide and integrating their products directly with the camp program.
    Another example is a friend of mine could not afford a dream wedding so she got companies to sponsor her wedding. The Hotel, Photographers, Lighting people, DJ etc all were sponsored and free. In exchange her wedding is featured in the hotels brochures etc.
    The question is:   It seems that individual brands are a thing of the past. What are the positives and negatives to working with corporate sponsors?

I am looking forward to seeing the responses on this.  Good question.  I see corporate sponsors, if they are the right ones, as being a great way to get the items that your events need and build programs that can be beneficial to your clients.
  • Options
    bigpoppasanbigpoppasan subscriber Posts: 0
    I`d say one negatives is
    - Branding/sponsorhip requirments that takes away from the quality of your offering or personal situation (such as a wedding). The reason people love Tivo is that they can avoid advertising so ads popping up where that can`t avoid it may annoy them and be detramental to your business or friendships.bigpoppasan2006-11-3 17:54:21