WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

New Blog Site Critique

alslespaulalslespaul subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2009 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone!
My wife and I have launched a new blog about nutrition (we`re both Registered Dietitians) and I`d love some feedback on the site.  Here`s the url:
www.eathealthyanywhere.com
I guess I`d just like to know some general feedback on the site layout and the relevance of the topics. Any other random feedback would be appreciated also.
Thank you!alslespaul2/4/2009 3:03 PM

Comments

• Options
    VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    I like the layout.  As a user I would like to see your wife`s recipes for her healthy creations.
  • Options
    Kind of annoying, all those "Ads by Google" along the side. Other than that, it`s a blog...right? 

Yep, it`s a blog. The ads are the only way we`re making revenue from this venture!
  • Options
    JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    I agree with wtgg, I think it would provide better revenue if you sell the ad space.
    Adding a thought in a different direction, I think you should add a general note just below the front banner explaining who you are and what you`re doing
    Also I think it would prove valuable if you put an user AND SEO friendly menu to view older posts (the user friendly would be that you would be able to go to whichever post is relevant to you by content or topic)
    Other than that.. I didn`t really like the layout, I think it lacks color.. or a focus point to the visitor.. but it could be just me
    Jmes
  • Options
    I agree with wtgg, I think it would provide better revenue if you sell the ad space.
    Adding a thought in a different direction, I think you should add a general note just below the front banner explaining who you are and what you`re doing
    Also I think it would prove valuable if you put an user AND SEO friendly menu to view older posts (the user friendly would be that you would be able to go to whichever post is relevant to you by content or topic)
    Other than that.. I didn`t really like the layout, I think it lacks color.. or a focus point to the visitor.. but it could be just me
    Jmes

Interesting. Could you elaborate on what you mean by a user and SEO friendly menu? Do you have examples of other sites that I could look at for reference? Are the drop down menus on the left not user friendly?
    I have a blurb at the top of the left hand column describing the blog, but perhaps below the title would be more visible?
    Interesting thoughts about the color. Do you mean that the background should not be white? I do have the power to edit all of the colors on the template, so this input helps!
    On another note, I do not yet have enough site traffic to make a reasonable pitch to any company to sell advertising space. Therefore, I`m using google ads in the interim to gain some revenue.