WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Steps to getting funds to construct new commercial building

msdrumsdru subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Startup Funding
Hello,
I am in St. Louis, MO and I am currently in the process of securing funding to build the children, youth, and family center that will house the childcare and human development services for my company Daycares R Us.
I would like to know what are the exact steps that need to be taken to get a commercial building built from the ground.
Please Help!

Comments

• Options
    msdrumsdru subscriber Posts: 1

To robertj, or anyone else who did not have clarity to the above question [I appologize] . I fully understand that I will have to get a archetichet and draw blue prints and do land surveys, get a contractor, and so on. But my question is what are the funding steps? I already have the fesiability plan spelled out so I know their will be a immediate ROI, however, I need to know are their grants avalible for such a project because I am a nonprofit organization. And if I do get a grant for the land or a for the whole project does anyone know any foundations who would provide funding? 
  • Options
    allianceonellcallianceonellc subscriber Posts: 0
    Here are some points to be considered, which can help you to get a small business loan:
    1. Don't quit your day job2. Offer something of value3. Keep meticulous records4. Plan on providing a plan5. Character counts6. Check and recheck your credit