WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How should I end a letter to a prospective client?

JDawgJDawg subscriber Posts: 4
edited April 2007 in Sales
I am writing a letter (email actually) to a client I really want to do business with. I don`t want to appear desperate and I have this bad habit of typing this out:

Comments

• bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    All of them sound fine.  If you use the last one you might want to say "yesterday" instead of "last night".  I am not sure any of them make that much difference.  If you want to do business with the person you need to make sure your message contains something they want in it.  You should make sure your email also gives them a reason to take action or at least contact you again.  Be more mysterious than overly anxious.  The sample fact that you are doing a follow-up email will give them the message you are interested and you are on the ball.  That is very good.  Keep it short and simple.  This works for me.
  • keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    The purpose of this email is to confirm what I told him last night: that I would enjoy the opportunity to work with him. And I will follow up a month or so from now with another email asking if there is an upcoming opportunity.
    Dawg - There are some good suggestions above and I lean toward the positive suggestions - don`t like using the word "hope" either. I think you answer your own question in the quote section I included.
    The PURPOSE of your message. Put this into words. This one email is not going to make or break this relationship. Relationship building is long-term.
    I will make a suggestion that I think in this instance has merit. Don`t send an email. If you really want to stand out, send a USPS mailed letter. Your client WILL remember a printed letter from you more so than an email. Do the follow up you mentioned in a printed/mailed letter, too. Experience tells me this works. Try it.
    In this day of high-speed, get-it-fast, right-now, 100s of emails inour boxes every day - a mailed letter can stand out from the crowd. Hopefully, you have some nice letterhead stationary and envelopes. Go Big or Go Home.
    R@
  • CeliCeli subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi everyone!  I am sending my new product to Macys for review.  Should I send my typical press kit with sample?  My press kit features the press release, product brochure with pictures, recent media attention, and thats about it.  Please advise.
  • JDawgJDawg subscriber Posts: 4
    And cheers to you, too, Nikole!   Thanks for the input!
  • JDawgJDawg subscriber Posts: 4
    Thank you very much for your input, Vicki and Maria!!