WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business Plan software to write with Apple

egadirec7egadirec7 subscriber Posts: 1
Who is using a software to write a Business Plan with Apple or MAC I am
looking for a sw helps me, I`ve used Business Plan Writer when I was using
my Notebook, however I can`t find one with Apple.

Comments

• Options
    a2theba2theb subscriber Posts: 2
    Unfortunately, business plan software is a big black hole for Mac users. I haven`t found any other than Word and Excel templates. I`m writing my business plan in good old Word. I`m surprised no one has made one for the Mac yet. Sound like a project to add to my long list of other ideas!
  • Options
    millsmills subscriber Posts: 0
  • Options
    coscoopercoscooper subscriber Posts: 0
    Unfortunately there isn`t anything elegant or sophisticated for the Mac environment. I`ve been using Macs for over 20 years and anything business related is on most software developers back-burner.However, if you have a farely powerful modern system, you could consider doing what I did. I have a newer Intel MacBookPro with 2gb memory. I use a Virtual solution called Parallels http://www.parallels.com/  It`s very fast and responsive for those times when you "have" to use a Windows based application and for those times when some web sites, like banking solutions, just do not work on ANY Mac browser. ($79 bucks)I then purchased Business Plan Pro from Palo Alto. They are the oldest and most feature rich planning tool out there. I`ve used it for both corporate department programs where business case and modelling is important and now for my own venture. (Pricey ($299 to $299 I think, but worth every penny if you`re serious about putting forth a professional plan and for on going planning.)While I use my MacBookPro for 90% of my business, web site design, communcation etc... for business planning, I use the above setup.Good luck.
  • Options
    a2theba2theb subscriber Posts: 2
    That`s exactly what I`m doing as well and it works great. I also use QuickBooks Pro in addition to Business Plan Pro. Those are the two windows applications I can`t do without! QuickBooks Mac edition isn`t as feature rich as the PC version.An Intel based Mac, Parallels, Windows XP, and software can be pricey initially but will definitely pay off in the long run!Shane - Like the site and business concept! Good luck!
  • Options
    coscoopercoscooper subscriber Posts: 0
    A2 - thanks. Spending money like there`s no tomorrow. Talk about your expensive mid-life crisis. Go SuNers!!!
  • Options
    taat_pringisttaat_pringist subscriber Posts: 0
    No problem, there is an online business plan software for mac users, iplanner.net. It's fast and free.
  • Options
    movingsoftwaremovingsoftware subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    These days softwares have made our life easier and more convenient, especially for business owners. With such softwares one can easily write up a business plan as well as can manage it accordingly.