WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Exhibit at the 2009 Trademark Expo

patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
edited February 2009 in Marketing

Deadline for Application to Exhibit at the 2009 Trademark Expo February 17

The United States Patent and Trademark Office will hold its annual Trademark Expo this May 8-9 at the agency’s headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. The 2008 Expo attracted 7,000 people and received wide media coverage. This year’s two day event will focus again on educating the public about the value and important role trademarks play in our society and the global marketplace. It will feature themed displays, company booths, costumed characters interactive exhibits and trademark related seminars for attendees. An intensified effort will be made this year to attract school children to the event.
All individuals, companies, non-profit organizations and educational institutions that own a valid registered United States trademark are invited to apply to exhibit. The deadline for applications is February 17, 2009. Applications will be evaluated on the following criteria: Brand recognition, educational value of the proposed exhibit and category diversity. Space is limited so apply today. Those selected to exhibit will be notified by March 1, 2009.

Comments

• CasiCasi subscriber Posts: 5
    Thanks.  I went through the US Patent and Trademark process for my business logo and although it was a bit daunting at the beginning, I`m glad that I kept with it until the end.  It took about a year to receive the Trademark registration.
  • CasiCasi subscriber Posts: 5
    One of the things that I found very interesting is that a Trademark applicant will appear on a registry that is accessable to the public.  Individuals will research this registry and attempt to solicit you.  I received several letters from private enterprises who wanted me to register my logo with them as well.  They disguised their correspondence as official letters and made it appear as if they were part of the Trademark process when in fact they weren`t.  They also submitted invoices for the resigtration.  For example, I was asked to pay a few hundred dollars for registration.   So... I mention this as warning: be wary of these vultures.  They have nothing to do with the process.
    Casi2/16/2009 7:24 PM