WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Business in Magic

JStenkampJStenkamp subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2009 in Business Planning
For 6 months now i have been pulling my hair out over a business plan. I am a Professional Magician attempting to put together a traveling full illusion show. i have books and gone through programs and i seem lost. Magic just doesnt seem to apply to the "Business plan" aspect of things. I need to Gain Funding of $50,000 but without a business plan i am stuck and not going any where with this. one question i have is the pre-writtten or plans that are made for Magicians online are they legit or a rip off. I need to get this done and soon.
Thanks

Comments

• JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    You seem to have researched this matter quite thoroughly. which is great!
    I`d suggest you contact a professional
    If you live in the US there`s the organization called score (www.score.org) which offers free advice online/on the phone or in person. I havn`t contacted them myself but I`ve heard good things. I`d suggest you try them out
    Jmes
  • patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    SCORE can be a decent source of basic info for things like business entity [e.g. LLC vs S-Corp, etc].  My experience is that they are terrible when it comes to patent and trademark and copyright info.
  • robertjrobertj subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    JStenkamp,
    I don`t know whether a sample plan would be of any value to you or not - depending upon which part of the plan is giving you the biggest challenge.
    Send me a PM if you want to discuss your specific situation

• JStenkampJStenkamp subscriber Posts: 3
    I just got off the phone with Accessible Business Consultants i spoke to a man named Dave Turkin. he has seemed to have workied with magicians in the past and his credintials seem to be amazing. i dont know if any one has any info about this man or if any one has worked with his company but he stated that he would work hard and be very fleaxble with a price and possibly do a long term payment which is very nice. if any information on him please let me knowJStenkamp1/5/2009 6:33 PM