WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Logo and information usage on my website???

I`m currently building an ebusiness which requires listing other companies information and logos. What do I need them to sign in order to make this happen? 

Comments

• patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    since it is their property, it will be up to them.  they may require a license.  unless they view it as a money making venture, they may oppose it.
  • serialpreneurserialpreneur subscriber Posts: 1
    If my website features these companies just as a reference guide for the general public, not selling their products, what type of license would they require of me?
  • LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
    In the case of including major corporate logos (Kodak, AT&T, Sprint, etc.) in my book, Identity Crisis!, the marketing departments were helpful in providing me the information needed for inclusion.  At least it was always the best place to start the process of getting permission. In a couple cases, I was referred to legal departments that handled logo usage issues.
    Most often it was just the specific wording of the copyright or trademark notice.  In some case, the marketing section of the company`s websites provided the information needed.  Finally, all details were confirmed by the legal department of my publisher.
    - J.LogoMotives11/11/2008 10:58 AM