WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

how to find out what`s protected in a patent pending?

csabacsaba subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2008 in Protecting Your Ideas
Hi folks.
Is there a website where I can find out what`s exactly protected by a company that displays "patent pending" on its website?
A month ago I naively beleived that I was about to invent the wheel, and I wanted to find out how to legally protect my idea. I spent the past month writing down detailed specifications of my idea and the web applicaiton based on it, but then... a few days ago I found out that there`s a fairly established website that does pretty much what I had in mind. In fact there are some other less used ones as well in the same market (with Alexa rankings around 6,000, 12,000 and 100,000, respectively).
My concept still differs from all of these in at least three very important aspects, which makes me think that I should lose the impetus and move on to the development phase quickly.
Now, an important issue is to find out what exactly is protected under a "patent pending". Is there a website where I can type in the name of the company that filed a patent claim and I can read its content?
Thank you,
Csaba
(Hungary)

Comments