WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What classification is a social networking site?

LyfeExperienceLyfeExperience subscriber Posts: 6
edited September 2008 in Protecting Your Ideas
Hey,
So I have a social networking site (think facebook & support groups) but I dont know how to classify my trademark does anybody have experience with this?
Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    if you select the wrong one, the USPTO might not let you change it.  there are cases invalidating trademark registrations with the wrong classification.
  • DeenaEsqDeenaEsq subscriber Posts: 0
    It`s under Class 45.  "Online social networking services"

But I agree with James that you should have a trademark attorney file for you in order to keep you from losing your priority date with an incorrect filing.

Just my $.02...

Deena
    Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post.  No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation.  Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.