WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Have Questions

I am interested in starting up a brand new business and need the funds to be able to do it. I need only $2,000.00 to get started. However, I do not know where to turn, as my credit is horrible. My credit is HR status, due to some past credit woes.
However, I am very honest and ethical and believe in paying all of my bills in a timely fashion, as I am trying to improve and bring up my credit score. I do have a steady income and am able to pay a loan back, as I have no debts.
All I need is a chance to prove myself to someone that will give me that second chance to start over and get my credit re-established.
Therefore, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. If I were to get a "loan" from someone, I will faithfully pay it back in a timely fashion.
Thank you!

Comments

• MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Friends and family trust you and know you the best.  They should be your first option.  If they don`t trust you, why would someone else?   
  • MarkBMarkB subscriber Posts: 2
    Frank,Have you taken a look at an online loan service called Prosper? It is at www.prosper.com.I know they will do an HR loan, but it is heavily dependent on your ability to pitch your business idea and restore some confidence in your prospective lenders.The only downside is that you are going to probably end up paying a prohibitive interest rate if the loan is funded.So tell us. What is the idea and what makes you think that $2,000 is going to be enough to get it off the ground?Best of luck,Mark
  • policyagentpolicyagent subscriber Posts: 1
    Travis:
    I cannot borrow any money from relatives or friends, as they have already helped me out. This is why I cannot ask them (and yes, I have paid them back).

• patentandtrademarkpatentandtrademark subscriber Posts: 103
    Donate plasma?  You could come up with a few hundred pretty quickly.
    Mark:
    I have just recently found prosper and I am still learning how it works! I find it to be a joke really. I don`t mind paying a higher interest rate, because of my credit. It is very understandable.
    However, I find it difficult dealing with some of the people on that particular website though. If only someone would give me a chance, I will faithfully pay back the loan and they would have my guarantee to pay it back.
    I am currently on disability, but I make plenty of income to be able to cover a loan of that size, as I currently have NO debts whatsoever.
    Anyhow, thank you for the suggestion.

Steve:
    I have already saved $1300 thus far and now I`m only needing $700.00. However, this will still take some time to save, as the other has taken some time to save up.
    If I could get a loan, it would help things to go along much smoother and faster and I could pay back the loan pretty quickly after starting with the money that my wife is going to make from the new business venture.
    Again, family and friends is not an option, since they have already helped and yes, I did pay them back.
    Anyhow, thank you for the suggestion.

James:
    Interesting idea. How does that work? Never done it before. Thanks!

Craig:
    I really cannot get a part-time job, as I am disabled and am on disability and they would cut it off. I also cannot work. However, the funds would be for my wife to start this business. So, it is really for her not me, although, I am going to try and help her in the way of support as much as I can, whether it be emotional or any other type of support.

Craig:
    My wife has worked from home as a virtual assistant for the last 15 years. I can write copy, because I have a degree in journalism and used to be a sports writer for 15 years.
    My disability is bipolar disorder, which makes it hard for me to concentrate. Although, I can type 60 words per minute, I am not very good with the computer (internet). That is my wife`s forte. That is what she does. She knows more about the computer than I`ll ever know.
    I do not own a digital camera. I wouldn`t know how to do eBay and my wife is not to keen on eBay given the fact that she used to have an account with eBay and there are tons of scammers on the site.
    Just my take on the issue. I do know how to utilize a 35mm camera though, because I used to take pictures when covering sports as a sportswriter. My degree is in photojournalism.

Steve:
    Believe it or not, this is what I am doing. I cannot have a yard sale, because I live in a mobile home park, of which I pay lot rent. If this makes any sense and this is not an excuse. It is a fact.
    However, I am not going to worry, because I will figure out a way to come up with the funds in some way.
    Thank you again for the suggestions.
    Frank

Stephane:
    While I understand your friend is in great pain and in dire need and is much worse off and that there are people in this world that are much worse off and don`t eat. I agree. You don`t have any idea the half of my story.
    Just to give you an idea (as I usually do not tell strangers events about my personal life, but since you have made it an issue - I`ll let you know anyway).
    My wife has renal failure (kidney failure), which at some point and time, she is probably going to be on dialysis and then be in need of a kidney transplant. I (or we) I should say, count our blessings every day for her still being here and still being able to do things.
    She also refuses to give up and has the will to continue working regardless and does not wish to go on disability like most people do in her case, because one they continue to deny her even though she has this and two she doesn`t want to be on disability, because she wants to work and do something with her life besides sit there and draw money from the government and live off the government no matter how bad of shape she is in.
    Another thing, I and also my wife do have compassion. We help others every single day. Whether it be at church or in the community. We help the needy by giving food to the food banks, helping people build homes (Habitat for Humanity), among other things. We have been doing this for many years now.
    Therefore, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from sending me these types of e-mails, because I know and understand what you are saying. I see it every single day. I know and am aware that there are people out there worse off than myself and my wife. However, my wife, still wants to work even given her condition. She has the will to live, just like your friend does.
    We also have a 13-year-old daughter whom we have to think about and think about supporting and also sending to college, get married and other things too.
    I am wanting to get this business for my wife so that she can get it up and running to not only help our family and to live to be able to pay our regular everyday house bills and medical bills that we incur due to my wife`s illness, but to be able to help others.
    Yes, that is right - I said to help others through the business that we are wanting to start.