WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

website name and wordage

akcelakcel subscriber Posts: 1
 I was told that my co.name is too long for a .com. Would it be ok to use a diff .com than my co.name? It would cost too much to change company name and it would be like starting over.  Also, are there proof readers for websites?  I want it to look and sound appealing but I don`t have the flair and there`ll always be the doubt that I could`ve done better.

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    what is your web site name? give us a link
  • conciergeladyconciergelady subscriber Posts: 4
    My company name is long too. But I also registered in my state for a Dba namefor $50 and its good for 5 years. The name I picked is easy and has some good keywords for googling too. I really have two different things going on in my business so the two names is helpful to keep them separate too.
  • akcelakcel subscriber Posts: 1
    Creative Concepts Landscape Design WOW - now that`s a mouth full. not including the dot com. I`ve tried abbreviations and some other shortening.=( sounds greasy hahhaha) but they are either taken or just don`t have the ring. See the prob is not just changing names - I`m Inc. and that cost a few hundred here in Tx. plus all my cards, brochers etc YUK guess it`s the cost of doing business. I`m 63 and every dime counts.
     Ok where do I find a cost efficient copywriter for a website?
    You should try talking to james Lindon.He is a Start Up Nation  Member and is also a patent/copyright lawyer. here`s his email addres and tell him Edgar Refered you:
    jlindon@patentsmakemoney.com</A>
    or check out his web site... www.patentsmakemoney.com</A>
    Good luckNuevolution2006-9-14 0:40:52
  • tojealcatojealca subscriber Posts: 5
    Why not just use CCLD.com, get it on every business card, invoice, and print and radio media that you can, send a letter to all your customers letting them know of the site, offer a special if the ref someone to the site or you.  That way, you can keep the name and just use the initials for the site.
    Also, when you have your site published to the web, before you do any search engine options and such, post the site on SuN and have us take a look at them.  I did that and got a lot of great ideas.  (have not had a chance to do them yet but I will get to it.
    Using the short name for the site is not a bad thing I dont think unless you do not promote the site to let people know that it is there!
    Tony
    PS Talk to LogoMotives, ask for his help! He is a smart man!
     I have done a domain search for CCLD and it`s taken.  I`m leaning on using Akcepted Landscapes as both my business name and website. The AK is unque in that it`s my initials. Plus it`s also used in one of my existing email addresses.  Thank you and how can I reach Mr. LocoMotive ?? AK
  • DrLADrLA subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello Akcel,
    Domain names are important and should be easy to remember. Your domain name does not need to be the same as your company name, corporations do it all the time.  The latest solution to the "domain game" is include "online"  in the domain name.
    CCLDOnline.com or CCLDesign.com

Dr. LA

Thank you Dr.. I like the CCLDESIGN = Easy to remember and short plus it has what I do      " design " I`m going for this one. Out of all possibilities from all suggestions, I like your`s best.   This forum has helped more than I could have imagined. I hope to help others as well.
    a domain name should be simple but easy to remember.. Speaking of which I just finished a draft regarding domain names and what to look for.
    Any one interested in reading it? just send me your email address and I will send it out to you. ASAP