WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New to Startup, have an Aviation business idea

Phoenixeagle7283Phoenixeagle7283 subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2011 in New Member Welcome
Hi guys,

I just got on here. I hope I can get some help from all you experts. I have a dilemna. I have a passion for aviation. I want to create an aviation business. I am thinking of finding a mentor on linkedin, but i`m not sure if I should because I feel some of the people on it may not have the entrepreneurial spirit i have. What would be your advice for me to network myself with people in the industry? or if you are an aviation passionate individual I`m sure i could apply your knowledge

Victor

Comments

• Phoenixeagle7283Phoenixeagle7283 subscriber Posts: 1
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. My idea is actually something I imagined and found out that it exists already. It`s basically renting out a flight simulator for customers to use instead of only trained pilots to have the luxury of flying a boeing 737 etc. There are two companies. There is one in New Zealand and one in England. The one in England is better established and has more experience. However, the one in New Zealand has branched out into more countries. The one in England was created through a pilot who convinced British airways to let normal people have access to it, while the one in New Zealand, the guy started it as a result of the large capiltal he was making through his mortgage business. I don`t know how to start it in the US without capital, not to mention that I`m not a pilot so credibility towards people in the industry may look down on me. I have pasted both websites for you to see.  I think the same business can succeed in the states. The only problem will be to overcome that some people may feel that it is threat to the country to let people fly flight simulators because of 9/11. Shoot me some questions about it if you don`t mind and tell me if you think it can be successful. Hope to hear from you soon Steve. Keep it real

http://www.virtualaviation.co.uk

http://www.flightexperience.com.au/

Victor
    Phoenixeagle72839/28/2008 9:26 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply and the encouragement. I have started trying to network also on Linkedin looking for entrepreneurs within the aviation industry. Hopefully, i can ran into a mentor who would want to take me under his shoulder and guide me through this process.

Victor
    Thanks for the links. My jaw dropped when i saw what you sent me. aparently, there is already competition within the country.

I`m gonna have to find a way to get this stuff running quickly before someone else starts it.

Victor
  • owen87owen87 subscriber Posts: 4
    Flight Experience has a franchise location in Singapore.

I think you idea is coool. But is there any other way to find a flight simulator which is as Real as real-life flying but on the same time low on cost as well. Flight Experience has some limitability such as a fixed-base trainer (doesnt move) , and its only B737. What about those who wants to try on a helicopter? Or as a fighter pilot who engaged in a dogfight, experiencing the G-force (mild) of a fighter?

If there`s a software + simulator that incoporates all these functions but still low on cost, I`ll guess it would be a big hit in anywhere.

I guessed softwares are easy to find, look at the `microsoft flight simulator series. It is as real as possible. The main thing is the flight controls, cockpit, the environment which simulate the flying experience. This reminded me of WII by nintendo to Playstation, WII is an interactive entertainment.

owen873/25/2009 3:03 PM
  • robinson1785robinson1785 subscriber Posts: 0
    fanbullet.com will give a boost to your website traffic. Facebook provides a great platform to spread the facebook fans awareness of the business to get the target audience in all possible categories.
  • ron123321ron123321 subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2018
    I am new!!!! I want to communicate here!
  • monsaraff123monsaraff123 subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member

If you are passionate about aviation then you should go for it, As often passion leads to successful career.