WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Craigs List Postings??? Is it wise?

CMJOfficeCMJOffice subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2008 in Marketing
I`m wondering if advertising my company on Craigs List is wise?  Are there other places to advertise for free?  Just trying to get some more clients and would like to do it without breaking the bank.  I am a small business.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Why Not? Craigs list is a large resource for folks looking for providers. make sure you make a great listing flyer to grab attantion. Nikole at NHG Consulting, a SUN member has made some great flyers for clients marketing on Craigslist. Or you can use VFlyer or similar free services. I personally like VFLYER and it auto adds your flyer to sites and gives you an easy to paste html code fot Craigslist. www.vflyer.com If you really want a great flyer contact Nikole.

Erin
  • balett19balett19 subscriber Posts: 0
    Also, you may consider keeping a blog for your business, and promoting that blog.  There is a site called Blogforum.com, which is very good. 
  • CMJOfficeCMJOffice subscriber Posts: 2
    That`s why I asked this question.  I recently posted and have been bombarded with spam.  I do have a blog and I do have a Squidoo lens.  I was just looking for different avenues.  I also wasn`t sure if receiving spam from posting on  Craigs List was the norm.
    Thanks for responding,
    Colleen
  • thehardwarecitythehardwarecity subscriber Posts: 2
    Facebook and MySpace , you can consider but spanners are everywhere.
    Thank you Brandon.  I will check it out soon.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

I`m wondering if advertising my company on Craigs List is wise?  Are there other places to advertise for free?  Just trying to get some more clients and would like to do it without breaking the bank.  I am a small business.    Colleen, I have to be honest and tell you that I`m not a big fan of marketing on Craigslist. That being said, people have had success using that advertising medium. So I took the fair and balanced approach and recently wrote an article titled, "Marketing Your Business On Craigslist: Is It Right For you?" Perhaps it can help you decide what to do. Anyway, if you`d like to read it, here`s the link.  http://xrl.us/bgsr7 Dale King
  • LauraChambersLauraChambers subscriber Posts: 0
    That is a good question!  Thank you for asking it.  I wondered the same thing.  I was looking on Craigslist last night.  I think I might try it.   We are in Illinois.  My husband has listed items on "illinoishomepage.net" for free.  Our Hotmail account sent a question to the "Junk" folder recently.  I caught it.  Someone is very interested in something my husband listed.  I also got a job interview through the same website.  Good luck!  DLauraChambers2/27/2008 1:58 AM
    Thank you Dale.  Excellent article.  I did gain a client recently from posting my small business.  However, I did gain spam.  I wasn`t sure if it was a good idea to continue posting or not. 

Thanks to everyone else for replying.
  • DaleKingDaleKing subscriber Posts: 141

Thank you Dale.  Excellent article.  I did gain a client recently from posting my small business.  However, I did gain spam.  I wasn`t sure if it was a good idea to continue posting or not.   Thanks to everyone else for replying.

Thank you, Colleen. Best of luck to you! Dale King