WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Google's Local Land Rush Now Open

NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
Over the past few days there's been a lot of discussion revolving the new Google Algorithmic changes and how they will affect your business across the web. Google has added new features to the Google Places to one that will provide more evidence of Google's focus on local commerce.
The new "NOW OPEN" feature allows IPhone and Android users to filter their local search results to show only businesses that are open at the time of their queries. Based on the business listed hours in Google Places. That presents a powerful tool for late-night restaurants and any local business that operates outside the realm of a traditional schedule - especially if most of their competitors do keep traditional schedules?
Do you feel that this will be a helpful tool for your business? Do you think you will have to stay open longer? More important, is the fact that Open Now is just one of many new features aimed at dressing up Places and making it easier for users to find local businesses on Google.
Do you find any value in it? to me it seems like it will just add more confusion to the Google Algorithm, because anyone can go online and say they are open 24 hours a day.
To me it seems Google's just has a strong interest on local businesses some say it's just a way for Google to compete with Groupon and the link. What ever Google's motivation is, Google is making it easier for businesses to get noticed on the web... But what if you don't have a web site? What if you're in the beginning stages of forming your business?

Comments

• Options
    metro2metro2 subscriber Posts: 1
    They changed their whole search result screen layout. Now they have a map on the right with map listings pushing down some of the organic SERPs. Every now and then Google changes the game on you. And us, the small businesses have to adapt to them every time all over again.
  • Options
    addyj672addyj672 subscriber Posts: 8

They changed their whole search result screen layout. Now they have a map on the right with map listings pushing down some of the organic SERPs. Every now and then Google changes the game on you. And us, the small businesses have to adapt to them every time all over again.

Metrolocks
    Locksmith Denver

I don't know what country you're in, but as far as I can tell, what you're describing isn't new here in the US. It's cool though- the more features that Google adds to Google Places, the more helpful and promotional it becomes to local businesses. Awesome!
    RyanLucht.com | Turning "Internet Marketing" into Entrepreneurship
    Can you help me in this. I want to create local land place for Beverly Hills and Dubai.....