WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Military Financial Discussion Club

AdamTeeceAdamTeece subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2007 in Veterans
First I want to say hello to all the military entrepreneurs out there.We just started a Financial Discussion Club on the USS Chung-Hoon which has full command backing.  We are allowed to talk about anything that deals with money but at the beginning and end of every meeting it must be stated that no financial advice is to be given and nothing stated at the meeting should be taken as financial advice.  Just wondering if anyone else out there has started anything similar at their commands.  I wrote club bylaws so if anyone else wants to start something like this I can e-mail them the bylaws, or I can post them on the web somewhere.I am very new to the entrepreneurship scene and also quite nervous to delve into it.  Definitely not a natural thing for me, but at the same time I am very excited about all of the opportunity that is there.  I look forward to getting to know you all better.
AdamTeece2007-7-29 23:43:30

Comments

• AdamTeeceAdamTeece subscriber Posts: 1
    I actually have started my own S-Corporation, but I am still learning a lot.  I wanted to at least get it rolling before I get out in a few months.  Thanks for the tips and I will definitely see if I can get something like that going.  If the command won`t let us use real money I plan to start up a paper trading group so we can at least practice with virtual money.
  • AdamTeeceAdamTeece subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks Craig for the great tips.  I will definitely look into making it a voluntary competitive game with possibly small prizes.  Club is just starting and there are no dues so we will have to see about getting stuff either donated or we might be able to get the ship to provide some stuff.
  • rajinenterprisesrajinenterprises subscriber Posts: 3
    Adam,

May I ask what business have you started that you created an S-Corp?