WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Passive marketing through passionate blogging

LogoMotivesLogoMotives subscriber Posts: 15
edited August 2008 in Marketing
In addition to the topics of design, branding, identity design and marketing, the posts on bLog-oMotives often include mentions related to my passion (and therapy) of gardening.
A couple weeks ago I blogged about making a garden umbrella stand out
of a flowerpot. Late this past week the post appeared on the site Apartment Therapy.
It`s brought a lot of traffic to my blogs, and blogfolio, and even
one request for a bid on a logo project. Last month a statewide newsmagazine wrote an article about my garden - which also came to be due to my gardening blogging.  It too has resulted in potential clients. In a way my garden-related
posts have become a subtle marketing tool for my design business.
Just something for others to consider when blogging to get maximum exposure for their business efforts.
- J.
LogoMotives8/24/2008 1:22 PM

Comments

• stonesledgestonesledge subscriber Posts: 608 Silver Level Member
    Very Cool Guys.. I bet you have a great garden Jeff.

Craig, I bet anything you write is worth reading..
    I tend to go on and one and on.. so blogging is not my thing. My partner loves to blog and is great at it. He has a great one at 3dwalkthroughs.com and keeps up our other blogs. It has certainly helped business.

Erin
  • TheMarketersMechanicTheMarketersMechanic subscriber Posts: 1
    I have a similar situation. My retailing blog is pretty static, but I blog regularly on a project that I am working on to help my partner and all those people who care for people with disabilities who need to manage their environment to make life easier. I get quite a bit of cross pollination.