WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Virtual Assistant Group

vastaffingvastaffing subscriber Posts: 3
edited April 2008 in Website Critique
Hello all! I am new to this forum and wanted to get some feedback on my website http://www.vastaffinggroup.com I specialize in administrative solutions for small to large companies at less than half the cost of traditional in house administrative assistants.  We handle travel, meetings, graphics, event planning etc.  I would be interested to know what you all think and what you find hard to navigate, anything that does not makes sense or you would like to see more information about.  Thank you in advance!

Comments

• besthealthbesthealth subscriber Posts: 4
    I am learning more about the virtual assistants and I think I may need one - not quite sure yet. In any case, I have a lot to consider - cost being the most important ............necessity  being another. In any case, I think it offers a valuable service to small businesses and I wish you all great success as you tap into the growing market of virtual assistants.
  • vastaffingvastaffing subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you both very much!  I believe virtual assistants can offer a lot to small businesses.  It allows them to just hire what they need when they need it and keep within a set budget.  You would be surprised how less overwhelming your life becomes once you have one.  If you have any questions feel free to PM me Best Health and I would be happy to answer them for you
  • SiteFlipAcademySiteFlipAcademy subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello there, and welcome to the forum. I came along at your site and its looking good. To make it look more dandy, removing the contact at the header and replace them with cooler design. I like how it was designed, looks neat and simple.
    Would you please elaborate on what you mean by removing the header?  Do you mean the phone number and business name?  Thanks
  • vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Maybe changing the photo for an image of your logo?

Viewing the site on IE7 -There are a few coding problems https://www.vastaffinggroup.com/Why_VASG_.html
    shows "-[if !supportLists]-->" before each bullet and there is "<!--[endif]-->" after the table of prices. Your html code shows "class="MsoNormal", which typically happens when you copy and paste text from a word document to a web page. Unless this class is defined in your CSS, it is not needed.

Also, when I move from page to page the page jumps up ( first displays with a larger space at the top of the page then the whole page moves up).

The above may be an issue because your using a website builder (website tonight). When using such build-it-youself applications, you just need to watch for the affect of adding your content by copy/paste and what the template has for code on each page.

Interestingly, your whole site appears behind an SSL (HTTPS:) rather than HTTP:.  Usually such SSL (secure site) is used by ecommerce sites to protect the transmission of CC and registation data.

~Roland

vwebworld4/12/2008 2:14 PM
    Thank you for your input really good feedback I will check into that html problem I use Mozilla and dont see it but I had a friend check and they did see it very strange.  The SSL is to eventually add a cart so that customers can purchase VA hours as they need to.