WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

First Steps

DuckwagonDuckwagon subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Thought Leadership
Hey!
I'm starting up a (probably non-profit) business, but I'm struggling with a lot of the jargon and steps and such.
And yes, that sounds like the wide-eyed and excited ignoramus thing to do. But no, I'm really determined here. I know clearly what I want to create, that it has unique value, and that I want to create it. I've got a few dedicated partners, and quite a bit of positive feedback. I also know I'll be living off of macaroni, and facing lots and lots of "no's", and working with partners, and the like. That's cool. I'm just not familiar with business concepts enough to understand how to get, and keep, the ball rolling. And unfortunately, I'm personally much better at idealization than execution; and I'm better at learning on my own or from a mentor.
Thusly, I'm here seeking consultation. I have a few specific concerns, and general advice needs.
Or at least, I'd like some advice on how to get the consult I need.

Anyway, apologies for the snarky attitude, I'm just a little tired of people answering questions I'm not asking. Like 'Should I really do it?', or 'Will you do it for me??', or 'Will it be convenient/normal?'.
What I want to know are the steps I need to take, how to get the help/understanding I need, etc. to get and keep this ball rolling.

Thoughts?

Comments