WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Marketing gumball machines.

CrabbyJoshCrabbyJosh subscriber Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Marketing
I have a gum ball machine business. How it works is, a business agrees to allow me to put a gum ball machine in their location. I collect the quarters and refill the gum balls monthly. They allow me to do this because 25% goes to charity.

My biggest hurdle is getting good locations to agree to have one in. Their are types of businesses that are almost a guaranteed success if you can get them to agree to have one. The problem is, I'm in competition with a bunch of other guys to land these locations.

So far, marketing has been completely out of the picture and I have to take the more direct approach and do sales. I just don't know of a way to make marketing work when nobody knows they want a gum ball machine. Nobody actually looks for these things as they don't solve a problem in the majority of businesses.

What I need is a clever way to market these things. If I had locations coming to me that wanted these, and I was cherry picking places that are likely to produce high profits, I'd be a millionaire in no time.

The default way to get these things placed is through sales though. I'm not sure marketing can compete with sales here.

Comments