WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Tips or advice?

cvcabancvcaban subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Website Critique
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! Is it simple enough?
http://www.mycellarmaster.com

Comments

• ng1ekng1ek subscriber Posts: 1
    First, your site took too long to load. No one will bother to wait to click through it. Fyi, every 1 second delay = 1% drop in your customer leads.

Secondly, you have too many selections on the site and it is making me dizzy.

Third, no clear sales proposition. Why should I buy wine from you? There isn't anything that grab my attention that says "buy it now".

Read my coming "Website That Sells" to improve your site. It definitely needs more work.
  • AberitAberit subscriber Posts: 64 Bronze Level Member
    The 'design project' looks well but it is definitely too stuffed with things. You should select things for homepage more strictly.
  • cvcabancvcaban subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you everybody! Any other recommendations?
  • Rick48CMRick48CM subscriber Posts: 2
    I agree about the homepage looking too busy. I would suggest a different layout for your main body. Also lighten the background to almost white, like setting the pattern at 5%, or if you want to continue with elements like the parchment look of the menu bar on the left, all black background. Consider switching out the font for lines like the "Shipping Included..." "Themed Wine Tasting..." and "Browse," the serifed font you have gives it an antiquated look in a bad way. Something san serried like Century Gothic or Gotham would give it a modern, clean, professional look.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, just some friendly suggestions. Your logo is nice, I think the silhouette is well done and should be featured larger to help views identify/remember it. If you need some help with the design work check out http://www.freelancehour.com, they can connect you with designers for different graphic services.

Hope this is helpful, good luck on your site!
  • designleapdesignleap subscriber Posts: 1
    Like others have said, too much on your homepage. There needs to be one clear call to action. Your logo gets lost, I had too search for it. A common place for a logo is in the upper left corner and that's where most people expect to see it.

Your inner product pages are busy too. The description text next to bottle images is very hard to read because how narrow the column is. Either remove the description text in the product selection page or move it under the photos.

Simplify overall and you'll have great improvement.

- Yiana
    http://www.DesignLeap.net
  • DianaPerkDianaPerk subscriber Posts: 7
    Hi,

In short I would like say that you webiste homepage is stuffed with lot of things like unreadable text,homepage stuffed with imnages,no clear CTA.Let people find things easily by creating attractive website abd offer better experience.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks
  • jakepiercejakepierce subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello! I would agree with everyone, too stuffed for a homepage. Why not make a big banner-slider with great images (promos, discounts, etc). Create more space to breathe, with too many images & texts, I find it too disturbing.