WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

LLC naming clarification needed

designleapdesignleap subscriber Posts: 1
Hi,The LLC naming process is a bit confusing to me. I do my business in CA, here's my situation: I have a DBA name Design Leap for 7 years now, but I recently learned that a DBA doesn't protect my personal assets. I want to register an LLC name Design Leap LLC. But when I did a LLC name search the name Leap Design LLC came up. Notice how the two words are reversed.Does this mean that I can't register Design Leap LLC anymore? I ask this because I read this statement "A limited liability company name may be adopted if the name is distinguishable on the records of the California Secretary of State or if the name is not misleading to the public."How much different can a name be so it's not misleading to the public? For example, would Design Leap Place LLC be allowed?Please advise. Thank you,- Yianadesignleap.net