WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Ecommerece tool for developing repair tickets?

adam1adam1 subscriber Posts: 1
I have an idea for a specialized repair buisness that would require a customer prepay to send me a broken part and I would then fix it and send it back to them. Basically the repair itself would only take 2-3 minutes to do but would be done on a $10K machine and I would hope to charge $30-40 to do said repair.

Think of this like a custom drycleaning buisness, where you would mail them in your stuff to have cleaned, they would clean it and ship back.

At any rate to really work I would need this to be pretty well automated by software. Ideally the person would take a picture of their item, and or draw up a sketch of it. They would go to my website and buy a shipping label to my shop, as well as most likely also prepay or at least place a deposit on the shipping back from my shop.

Next my website would print out a job ticket that they would include in the box. I would log into my computer verify I was paid, preform the repair, and then ship back to them with them covering the shipping of course.

I have found a whole variety of off the shelf solutions that setup online stores, but most of those seem geared towards selling your inventory. This is a little different as I need to generate a custom ticket, and track your part from the time you order till it returns to you.

Does anyone know of a good tool to set this up with or would I need something custom? I am rather new to this whole ecommerece thing so looking for some ideas on how to move forward.

Any ideas on what such a thing would cost? Or good platforms to use to develop this?