WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Funding a corporation

rootsroots subscriber Posts: 1
I'm going to be forming a corporation over the next couple months, but I'm not well versed in accounting or business law.  Here's my situation:

I plan on funding my corporation with say, $10,000 up front.  I will deposit the money into my business bank account, and issue 100% of the shares to myself.  My question is, what happens when I want to contribute more capital to the company now that there are no remaining shares?  Do I simply deposit the money into my business account, making the value of the company go up?  Or are there other tax/stock implications I must worry about.

I'm not even close to finishing my research, so if anyone could recommend some SOLID reading (preferably a book) on this matter it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ShawnNelsonShawnNelson subscriber Posts: 0
    Hello,

We are Christian Organization formed to help people in needs of helps,such as financial help.So if you are going through financial difficulty or you are in any financial mess,and you need funds to start up your own business,or you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills,start a nice business, or you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks,contact us today via email today for such help (loans, start up money): robertshnelson@gmail.com for the bible says""Luke 11:10 Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened"so do not let these opportunity pass you by because Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever more. Please this is only for a serious minded and God fearing people in financial hardship and want to find their way out.

You are advise to fill and return the details below..

Your Name:______________________
    Your Address:____________________
    Your Country:____________________
    Your Occupation:__________________
    Loan Amount Needed:______________
    Loan Duration:____________________
    Monthly Income:__________________
    Cell phone Number:________________
    Have you applied for a loan before: ________________
    If you have applied for a loan before, where you treated honestly? where are the company located?...

Act fast and get out of financial stress, mess and hardship by contacting ROBERT SHAWN NELSON Loan Corporation Today via Email at: robertshnelson@gmail.com .You shall be treated with the best of our resources until you get this funds transferred into your account, and your quick and fast respond determines how fast you shall be receiving your loan. Without any delay Apply for your best and easy Loan here with us. Please email to us via

email: robertshnelson@gmail.com
    Best Regards
    Mr. Robert Shawn Nelson
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    When you form a corporation, the founders generally make an initial contribution of capital in exchange for an initial allocation of shares.  This is called paid-in capital and is not considered income for the corporation.  It is not a loan; it is, rather, a fully-at-risk investment.  You simply write a check to the corporation. This check is usually used to open the corporation's first bank account and pay the incorporation fees and costs.