WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Eliminating business partner's risk

Fleetfoot_MikeFleetfoot_Mike subscriber Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Growth Funding
I am at the point that most startups hit at one point or another... 

My Apartment Marketing company has generated a lot of business in the last month, but there is no way to get it all done without any help... A large majority of the revenue I have generated will not be in the bank for another month or two, but I need to hire help now.

My business partner has a ridiculous credit score (Something like 849) and has 7-figures of net-worth. I have recently trashed my 730 credit score because I allowed bills to get behind while working on this business full-time.

He doesn't want to assume any more risk, and is not in the position to provide funding out-of-pocket. 

Is there a way to get funding for an LLC that we each own 50% of without needing him to cary any risk? Can I find a way to get business funding without having his name tied to the loan?