WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need Suppliers For Used Name Brand Children Clothes

CaeJamCaeJam subscriber Posts: 3
edited September 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hello, can anyone help me with finding suppliers for used name brand childrens clothes. Names like OLD NAVY, GAP, OSHKOSH etc. I know there is a market for them and I think that if I could get my hands on a supplier I could market them. I notice on ebay people sell used brand name children clothes and do very well. Where do they get all those clothes. Even if I were to open a second hand store it would be alittle differernt from the others because mine would only be brand names. So where do I start. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    arn230arn230 subscriber Posts: 0
    I used to work for an organization that had clothing from mainstream brands and they redistributed the items to families in need.  The items that they used were sample items.  In the case of some of the items they would come damaged (very minimally) but there was a great deal of the clothing in mint condition.  If you talk to warehouse distribution managers like at Children`s Place, Macy`s, Limited - You could possibly get a hold of their samples.  Also... you should call individual owners  - Small boutiques that specialize in children`s clothing and see if they have items that they are willing to donate or even if they have items that they cannot resell.  Your mission will play a big part in how and why people give clothing away.
    I hope this helps!  Craigslist is a great way too - I purchased clothing on there for my sisters baby - Because babies grow so fast... many of the items are brand new!!
    Good Luck!
    Aleesha Nash
    http://www.wordshops.org
  • Options
    CaeJamCaeJam subscriber Posts: 3
    Thank you for this information. Now when you say talk to warehouse distribution managers like Children`s Place for example how would I find them. I guess I could just pick up the phone and call the headquarters or possibly the local stores and start there ask them some questions. Your information has been very helpful. I did look at craigslist and yes there are some leads. Thanks
    CaeJam9/17/2008 10:40 PM