WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Windows Server vs. Windows Small Business Server

kcebahkcebah subscriber Posts: 1
Does anyone know the difference between Windows Server 2003 and Windows Small Business Server 2003?  Also, what is the difference between the different MS Office products.  Office Premium, Pro, standard, student, ultimate, small business, etc. 
Is there any grid out there that shows the difference between all these different products.  I couldn`t find anything on the Microsoft website.

Comments

• Options
    olegoleg subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Here is a comparison of the MS Office suite.  Not really sure about the Windows Small Business Server...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suite ... 41033.aspx
  • Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    The difference is that Windows Server is just a server.  No Products except for a web server and a few other things.Small Business Server contains not only the Windows Server product but a ton of other applications such as Exchange (Mail server). Here`s more information (PDF format) about what Small Business Server contains in the two packages.  This will explain better the differences and the prices.
  • Options
    kcebahkcebah subscriber Posts: 1
    GREAT!
    Thanks for your help... Do you happen to know if SBS supports multiple Terminal Server connections?
    It sounds like SBS contains more products than Server 2003.  I wonder why it is less expensive?  What are the limitations?
  • Options
    sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    GREAT!
    Thanks for your help... Do you happen to know if SBS supports multiple Terminal Server connections?
    It sounds like SBS contains more products than Server 2003.  I wonder why it is less expensive?  What are the limitations?Historically, the limits are on usage (licences, how many users can connnetct, etc).  I haven`t used it for years so I`m not sure what the changes/limits are in the 2003 version.Terminal Server is part of Windows Server so the answer is yes you can have multiple connections.sddreamweavers2007-10-25 21:52:13