WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Don't want to miss the boat AGAIN

VideoladyVideolady subscriber Posts: 1
edited November 2013 in Thought Leadership
Hi all, I have had some ideas in the past for a new product but I let them go by. I saw a few later on Qvc. Now I have two more great ideas. NOT for products but for much needed services in the marketplace. I have had these ideas for a few years and now again, I am seeing other people starting these up. I don't want to lose out yet again. I have talked to a few people about what I want to do and they want to be involved. I know these businesses can be successful as there is a very big market for both of them and they complement each other well. My problem is I cannot do everything myself. I have had an opportunity from a VC (through a friend) but I declined so far, as I don't really know this person myself. Since there is no patent on a service I don't feel safe about giving out my 'business secrets' just yet. How do you find partners that you can trust? Or is that just an illusion?  I know about NDA's but I don't see how that can prevent someone from telling a friend who tells a friend, see where I am going with this. If anyone has any thoughts or comments, I would appreciate hearing them!  Thanks. JoCarole NJ