WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Competition Research - Waste of time?

dmarlin8dmarlin8 subscriber Posts: 1
edited December 2013 in Business Planning
Hey everyone,

I looked around and it seems this question has not been asked/answered. If it has, please point me in the right direction.

Anyway, I've been chugging along with my online business and I have rarely lifted my head up to see what's going on. Something hit me today, and I am a little concerned that I am not focused enough on my competition. When I initially began my site I researched a little to see who else was out there, but that was about it. Now, I feel like I should be putting in some time to learn the market more, and what my competition is up to. Does anyone have an opinion on this feeling? The want to monitor and research my competition.

tl;dr - what method(s) are you performing, if any, to reseach/monitor competition and how often are you doing it?

Comments

• Options
    imraneimrane subscriber Posts: 0
    I have no enough experice about it but One thing which i must that in field of life sepcially, if you want to success then you must watch your competator that what's he do? and then you try to do best than him. If you not watch it then you don't the competation in the market and how direction you chose for business. By the passage of time people change yourself and Any business take changes according to them. I think you just manage working.

Bed Linen