WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Best way to find commercial clients looking for loans

razvanrazvan subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2013 in Marketing
So I am very close to beggining a new venture in my life. I am starting a commercial loan brokerage together with consultation services. What this means is that I made a couple of connections with lenders who give out loans to businesses owners. I have a couple lenders in different markets, from equipment leasing, medical equipment and practice purchase to even real estate purchase financing. I also want to offer consultation services to business owners as a way to stand out from the crowd and to give the customers more value if they come on board with me. The beautiful thing is that it would be 100% free to the client, because me fee is paid by lenders at closing, so I see it as a no-loss proposition to the client. Now my question is, what ways do you recomend for me to find customers? Besides SEO and PPC, I want to find the first places that a business owner goes to when he needs a loan(well, after he goes to the bank ofcourse). Do you think cold calling might work? Also if you are a business owner yourself, what are the main things that you want to see in a broker who is helping you find financing? Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you.