WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

An easy way to tune live internet televison

GeraldZGeraldZ subscriber Posts: 1
edited January 2008 in Website Critique
Hi Guys -

Here`s a new way to easily tune into live internet television on your PC.  It works by making use of RSS (really simple syndication) feeds.  If you`ve never used RSS before, it`s a method to subscribe to "feeds" from a website.  Then you can easily view the latest info from that website without actually visiting it.

Internet Explorer 7 has a built-in feed reader which makes it a snap to easily tune into live internet television using my new directory.  At this point I have a lot of work to do yet - mainly adding more channels.  The cool thing about this new service is that I am able to inject advertising into my feed through a service by Pheedo.  Cool!  Now if I can just get millions of people to use it!

Anyway, please try it out and let me know what your think.  Some of the channels don`t work - I still have some technical hurdles to overcome.

Thanks for your time!

www.RSSLiveTV.com

Comments

• WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    I think you get your idea across quickly and clearly, and show how to access feeds in IE pretty well.What if some users, not familiar with RSS, primarily use Firefox or another browser? They may want to know if the service is available to them as well, and if the overall process is the same.Took me a minute to realize I had to slick the RSS symbol to actually find the feeds you offer; theres no indication of where to go from the main page.
  • GeraldZGeraldZ subscriber Posts: 1
    OK, thanks for the input.  I`ve never used Firefox or other browsers so I guess I`d better check them out too.  I`ll try to streamline the directions to make it easier for new RSS users to figure out.