WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Distribution: How to market and sell products in US and Canada

wy8162wy8162 subscriber Posts: 3
Hi,Could anyone kindly share some information about the distribution channel system in US? Perhaps, I can put the question like this:I have some cool products, say, unique balloon products for party, etc. How can find the wholesales channels to sell my products? What`s the way to sell these products to, say, WalMart, Party City, etc. Do I need to hire a lot sales people to sell?Sorry that I`m new in starting and owning a new business.Have a nice day.WY

Comments

• zeppzepp subscriber Posts: 2
    Well, I don`t know much about Party City, but I have looked into the
    process to get products into WalMart. They actually are quite helpful,
    though be prepared for a lot of paperwork and waiting.

To get you started, WalMart even has a section of their web site
    dedicated to potential vendors. It has all the information you need to
    get started with the process:

WalMart Vendor Info
  • wy8162wy8162 subscriber Posts: 3
    Thanks, Zepp.Your information is really helpful. It gives me some hints about how to deal with other companies: they must have some kind of department responsible for sourcing products for sell.This is a common sense actually. But frankly speaking, I didn`t think it this way when I first encountered the problems.Thanks again, Zepp. Have a nice day.