WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Questions about starting a home delivery business...

Brent33Brent33 subscriber Posts: 2
edited January 2009 in Selecting a Business
I am newer than new but feel like their might be an opportunity for me to develop a home delivery business for staple products that people need every day (toilet paper, dog food, laundry detergent....etc..) and am looking for any and all types of feedback people can offer.Is this a viable business idea?Does anyone currently do this that is experiencing success?Has anyone tried it and discovered that it is not a good idea?At this point I `ve got a lot to figure out and looking for some initial information and advice.  I appreciate your help very much.Brent

Comments

• MNGrillGuyMNGrillGuy subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    I`d love a dairy/produce delivery service.  Bring me fresh tomatoes, lettuce and milk every week.     
  • rhungrhung subscriber Posts: 1
    Yes, I think there is a market for it, but you need to look into your target customer/area.  If there are plenty of stores for people to shop those necessities with 5-10 minutes driving/walking(depending where you`re), you might need to think about "why should people go with me?"Personally, I would target stay-home moms/physically challenged people or seniors, they would be the ones might need some extra help.  Hope this helps. 
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    i like the laundry idea. so many still hit up the coin laundries....your service can be useful especially in the winter when people dont want to leave the house.  what about pick up/drop off dry cleaning in affluent neighborhoods (if those still exist in the USA?)