WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

FAT COOKIE Website Critique

FatCookieFatCookie subscriber Posts: 2
edited February 2007 in Website Critique
Hello!Hoping you all can take a look at my website and tell me what you think.  We have a webmaster doing work for us and we all seem to be so deep into this, we`d love to know what some fresh faces think of it.Thank you so much!http://www.fatcookie.com

Comments

• CSPURGEONCSPURGEON subscriber Posts: 10
    I LIKE IT! Your content is easily understandable. Pictures are great...makes me want some cookies! I also like the business idea, the ability to personalize your cookies <and name them>, gives a customer the ownership of the cookies. GOOD LUCK IT`S IN MY FAVORITES NOW!
  • mchutchmchutch subscriber Posts: 7
    Nice site. Clean and easy to navigate. I also like th concept of the business.
    Photography looks OK for site, lighting looks a little yellow as if shot under
    incandesdent bulb lighting. Overall impression of site is very good though.
  • onlineeateronlineeater subscriber Posts: 16
    I like the site. One thing I would like to see is a small paragraph on your home page that says what you do. You have some appetizing pictures and a nice cookie creator tool, but nothing that even slightly introduces us to exactly what you do. Thanks,John
  • FatCookieFatCookie subscriber Posts: 2
    The replies I have received so far have been invaluable.  I can`t thank
    you enough for taking the time to check out my website and give some
    honest feedback.

We are currently working on some points brought up more than once
    including more detail about the building-your-own-cookie process.  It
    seems I was trying to be "less is more" since I hate reading text when
    I go to a website myself, but it appears maybe we did "too little". 

Plus we will  post pictures of the packaging (was on our list but
    hadn`t gotten to it yet), detail more about the "batch size" and
    exactly what a "batch" is,  have a page devoted to an explanation of
    the doughs (some folks were concerned that the Brown Sugar Dough
    was actually made with only brown sugar when it is indeed a standard
    chocolate chip cookie dough (think Tolhouse - we just can`t call it
    that) with both white sugar and brown sugar (too much bakery talk I
    know...sorry about that!)

Anyway, definite improvement is coming.  Your feedback has been just what we needed and I know Nikole from NHG was discussing that when it comes to your own business sometimes it`s hard to see the whole picture and that is exactly what was happening with us.Your eyes and notes are very  much appreciated.  I`ll let you know how it goes and when the changes get made, maybe I can throw out some free cookies to have you look again!Thanks again!When-Deeowner, Fat Cookie
  • PokermanPokerman subscriber Posts: 5
    Once upon a time in a previous life I was the purchasing manager for CookieTree Bakeries Inc. and I would suggest that you consider checking into getting a kosher certification.  This could greatly expand your market and segway into larger commercial accounts.
    Since you are creating custom cookies it might be difficult to define an exact weight per cookie but a base weight per dough type might be beneficial to let potential clients get an idea of how "Fat" your cookies really are.