WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Need advice on creating awareness for my new venture

I made the leap from commercial banking about three months ago (it wasn`t a very tough decision in this economy) after starting www.incspring.com. Basically, IncSpring is a new way to brand your business.  Users post complete brand packages for sale including logos, names, and domains.  In some cases users offer additional stuff, such as trademarks, websites, collateral, etc. We`ve done a great job finding sellers in just a few months, but we`re slower than expected on buyers.  As SuN says, 2009 is the Year of the Entrepreneur so we think we`re perfect for the current times.  Any one have any suggestions on how to gain some entrepreneur exposure (other than high cost advertising)?
Thanks,
Wes

Comments

• Options
    MattThomasMattThomas subscriber Posts: 2
    Have you determined what types of businesses you are targeting? Small, medium or large? Is it a start-up or a well established business looking to re-brand? Is it an individual unsure of how to market and brand? Is it a business looking for a new marketing company?
    Is the business owner a kid, adult, male, female, publicly traded?
    What specifically would you imagine most of your buyers would be using the site for and what type of business are they?
    The reason I ask is depending on these factors, there are different suggestions you might want to look into. For example if the average user is a younger business owner, then a social networking advertisement might be more effective. However, if the business owner is generally older, social networking may not be the best bet.
  • Options
    jwatkinsjwatkins subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    First of all, I get it. I also like the site and the concept is great.
    One idea I have is to have some kind of contest for entrepreneurs and offer a free branding package as a prize. That should generate some buzz.