WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

My attempt at a website...

enviroenviro subscriber Posts: 1
edited March 2009 in Website Critique
This is a new company and its website that I created. It is all my design, which took a few days to complete. I am still constantly tweaking it:

www.envirodetox.com

My main goal is to have a site that answers any questions any potential customers might have and does it guide that customer to contacting me?
Please let me know what you think and I am open to anything, so don`t pull any punches.
Thanks very much,
Phillip
enviro3/2/2009 4:29 AM

Comments

• Options
    WeblineWebline subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Overall the message is ok. Maybe tell just what the process involves or how it works; I don`t get if this is a chemical you spray in the air, a sweeping/wiping system, etc., or what exactly is going to happen when you do this until I go to "Green Clean", which isn`t the most obvious way to get me to this information.
    IE wants to install a Media Player extension. Either my IE needs updated, or you want to run something that I may not want to go along with. This doesn`t happen in Firefox, but looking at your code I get the feeling there is a script that you want to run.
    The Yahoo coding is bloated, inefficient and terrible, and could probably be cut in half with proper code. It`s not something you can control, it`s the evil nature of site builders to do this. In W3C, there are 200+ errors on the main page. Not good.
  • Options
    banzaibertbanzaibert subscriber Posts: 0
    Love the site, looks very professional and very clean. I did not have any unanswered questions... seems to me your contents are complete. Nice work!
  • Options
    Webline - Yeah I used Yahoo sitebuilder and I know any web designer could do much better, but like I said I am new and it fit my "no money" budget. If I am even a little successful then I will probably upgrade to a smoother, better coded site.
    I will work on my message focus too.
    Thank you 

• Options
    Loren - thank you for your input - when I was putting this all together I knew I was boring myself a little. Believe it or not I cut out a lot of stuff, so I will try to emphasize fear of disease more and work on the call to action, which brings me to a question:

Other than putting my phone number on every page and asking to call me -

What are good "calls to action"?

On the positive side I did not spend a lot of money on this site - so thank you for the round about compliment.

Again thank you for your input - much welcomed
    Phillip
  • Options
    Banzaibert - thank you very much - I wrote, composed and designed everything so I do appreciate the pat on the back

However every criticism just makes my site better - so everything and anything is truly welcomed...Please everyone continue
    Phillip