WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Problem with Entity Choise..To late to change?

XtremeVisionsXtremeVisions subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2008 in Selecting a Business
Hello,
I am starting up a business and recently began the process as a Virginia resident.  I did, however, go a little out of order.  I have registered a EIN number with the IRS as an LLC, acquired my City business license `XYZ, LLC`, paid over 300.00 to get my DUNS account started as `XYZ, LLC` and acquired about 4 Credit accounts with the EIN and DUNS # as `XYZ, LLC`.  One thing I have not done is register with the SCC and DOT yet.
Since I have began, I have had several key factors change in the organization that has warranted me to not only change the company name, but entity structure.  I know the name change would not be such a big deal, however the entity change might be.  I want to change to an S Corporation.  At this point what would be my best effort be in accomplishing this? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Comments