WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Please review http://www.vikasintl.com

vikasintlvikasintl subscriber Posts: 4
edited May 2007 in Website Critique
Please review our website http://www.vikasintl.com and give us some suggestions also it would be great help if any one can suggest wholesale buyers.

Comments

• vikasintlvikasintl subscriber Posts: 4

Here`s the embedded link to make it easier: http://www.vikasintl.com/

I have to agree with Andy, that the site doesn`t really reach out and
    interest me. It took 2 clicks to get to products, even after I found
    the almost lost "products" menu option. Then I got a list of links,
    after which I could only choose one. Then I`d have to use the Back
    button to get to that list, always a "no-no" in attracting buyers.

I`d have at least a more typical navigation bar along the left margin,
    where people can quickly wander around the site, "just looking."

Looking at the leather clothing, I saw no way to actually buy anything.
    So I assume this is for advertising and display only? If so, then
    what`s the purpose of the site?

If on the other hand the point of the site is to attract wholesalers,
    then I`d like to see some well-written content along the lines of a
    prospectus, explaining the business partnership agreements and how the
    wholesale process would work.

1.Yes we are mainly interested in finding wholesale buyers because we are based in India and shipping costs are high to any developed countries so retailing is almost impossible.2.Thanks for your suggestions regarding wholesale buyers...biz agreements etc.3.Specially for the site do you we should change our index page to typical left sided navigation style?3.You mentioned it took 2 clicks to reach products..I am confused here...any site will take 2 clicks to reach to products section..am I right? what exactly I should do to improve this?can I add you in yahoo messenger my id is vikasintlIt was wonderful getting response and genuine advice from you.You answered my earlier question also...
    Hi there,Why do you have such an unappealing landing page? The menu images are blurred; the overall presentation of your landing page is really discouraging! If I`ve landed through a search engine, I would probably not look further. I would go to another site. You must work on your landing page or remove it completely, considering your next page looks much nicer and simple shows the same information from the landing page anyway - you are asking possible clients to click twice to see the same info.I would also work on the photos. The site looks very unprofessional. Take the jackets out of the warehouse and take cleaner photos - or use a background to remove all the mess from behind the products.I don`t want to sound rude, but your site needs some professional touch! Can you hire someone to revamp the site?
    1.You are not rude...I really appreciate your input.2.You mentioned your next page looks nicer but gives the same info...what exactly you mean?3.I do understand we need to change the index/home page and you think typical left navigation style page would be much better ?4.Actually we are not targeting retail buyers so it`s just a display to attract wholesales.
  • EmilyPEmilyP subscriber Posts: 0
    I would tend to agree with Craig and Andy. The homepage definitely needs some work, and the pages each took a really long time to load (not sure if that`s a site issue for you, or a browser issue for me - although every other site seems to be fine on my system). Also, I would move the BACK and NEXT buttons somewhere else - either right below the images or above them... or just somewhere more visible. The first time I looked at the site, I missed them completely and didn`t see anything more than the first page of merchandise. 
    I would tend to agree with Craig and Andy. The homepage definitely needs some work, and the pages each took a really long time to load (not sure if that`s a site issue for you, or a browser issue for me - although every other site seems to be fine on my system). Also, I would move the BACK and NEXT buttons somewhere else - either right below the images or above them... or just somewhere more visible. The first time I looked at the site, I missed them completely and didn`t see anything more than the first page of merchandise. 
    1.Thanks for your input about home page and speed.2.when you said first time when you looked at the site ..I missed them completely..do you mean you missed next/back buttons as they were not visible?
  • EmilyPEmilyP subscriber Posts: 0
    Correct, they were not visible. I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, which is well below the merchandise. 
    Correct, they were not visible. I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, which is well below the merchandise. 
    Thanks for your time and feedback..can you check it again?we have done some corrections after all feedbacks
    4Ok thank you very much for your continuous feedback and time,1.I understand your point at least on products category page it should have a menu clicking on which it should allow visitor to to go another category easily...but is it necessary to have it in left side?I would like you to visit http://www.vikasintl.com/diamonds.htmwhere you will see a smaller flash banner which gives access to all products category( I know I have to edit that small banner i.e. putting more categories) do you think that would be ok?2.about us page...yes I agree with you...I am doing what ever is necessary.3.same as faq page4.I didnt understand what you mean by "quick help" content below the leather coats???
    4Oh you are not sleeping yet?wow..thanks again...1.I actually want to put google ad banner on the left which is 160x60 so if I choose to put left menu it will occupy space ....thats the reason why I want to put menu on top and bottom both...will that be ok?2.Now I know what you mean by quick help...as soon as I remove this menu prob...I will remove this naughty quick help ..its temporary.3.I wanted you to check the banner on diamonds.htm which goes like this ...I am talking about this banner...and I know I need to edit this banner/image and add categories like leather + salwar kameez etc.hope am clear about my point now?...do u think that type of menu on the top and bottom will be better ...?