WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Writing an Ebook Experience

benne13benne13 subscriber Posts: 3
edited May 2009 in Selecting a Business
Hello,

I have been researching various online businesses to start and have been a little deeper into looking at writing an Ebook and different topics that I have extensive knowledge on.

I would like to know what experiences (good or bad) other SUN members had if they have created an Ebook.  Is it easier just to purchase the publishing software and have market other Ebooks on your website?

Thanks,

Comments

• TTolarTTolar subscriber Posts: 0
    As a ghostwriter of successful ebooks, most of my clients are not writers nor do they want to be. They just want a product to sell and make money essentially without doing any of the research. We research, write, and sometimes help market ebooks and the client gets all the credit.
    If you can afford a good ghostwriter (many will negotiate payment or break it down to more manageable payments as the book is being completed), I suggest using that resource for the first time until you understand what is expected of you. Then write the next one on your own.
    I know I am a writer and write ebooks regularly so I may sound biased but I still think the software is a big rip off. Either hire a writer or do it on your own. Good luck with your ideas!!