WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hello from Sunny Santa Monica,CA

tvstartvstar subscriber Posts: 1
edited October 2006 in Selecting a Business
Hello all. I am a Realtor here in Santa Monica preparing to take (and pass) the state exam for my Brokers License. At that point (hopefully by Feb. `07) I will start my own RE company called Street/Road Realty www.streetroadrealty.com</A>.
Will probably need help forming the LLC.
Looking forward to all your help.
Thanks!
Tom

Comments

• keyconkeycon subscriber Posts: 34
    Welcome Tom,
    Good luck on your endeavor. Suggestion and you may have thought of this already. I live in the west mid-town area of Atlanta - a booming city. Plenty of folks moving back into town to beat the awful traffic (I grew up here - a rarity). Ergo, home prices intown have just continued to rise for the last 10 years. Old neighborhoods are booming. New construction is booming - townhomes, apartment homes, high-rise, etc.
    In our old neighborhood (built in the 30s & 40s), one realtor has set himself apart - has become the neighborhood selling guru. Knows the neighborhoods in our area very well. He gives $300 to the neighborhood association on every sell he makes in the respectful neighborhood. Needless to say, when you want to sell a home, his name is "top of mind." $300 may not sound like much, but for a neighborhood association (not a home owner`s association with dues - these old neighborhoods in Atlanta don`t do that), that money is really appreciated and he has made many new friends and I`m sure it has helped him to create a nice niche in his area.
    Just thought I`d pass along for you to ponder.
    R@