WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Interesting Article on Spending in Economy

TurnTwoTurnTwo subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2009 in Sales
Just joined today, but have all ready read a lot.  There`s a lot of really useful information and great ideas here.  Here`s a small contribution, but there will be more to follow.  It`s just an article on how to help your sales force.  Kinda hit home for me since I am located in Florida just like the author.  Enjoy:http://thequotingcoach.wordpress.com/20 ... g-process/

Comments

• Options
    asEZasABnCasEZasABnC subscriber Posts: 1
    I read through about half the article and disagree somewhat with the author. In hard times we all start getting calls from companies we haven`t dealt with for years! They suddenly discover us on an obscure mailing list. Whether we cancel with them for poor service is regardless, because we were once a customer.
    A had dinner with a cousin of mine Monday evening. She talked about the same kind of sales/marketing campaign for her company. Fell flat on its rear. Mucho effort, zero sales.
    In my opinion, the money is more wisely spent in beefing up customer service, making customers believe you care about them and teaching your sales and support people to listen to the customer and fill their needs. If Home Depot has seen the light, others can also.
  • Options
    TurnTwoTurnTwo subscriber Posts: 1
    I agree customer service is important and seems to have disappeared from this country.  However, you could argue that customer service is a tool for your business and that the author (although suggested spending on your salesforce) indirectly implied investing in customer service because your sales reps are often the face of your company.  I took it as a more general idea that investing in your business is a good way to spend money rather than on expensive ad campaigns.