Where to get good negotiation training?

bellapriabellapria subscriber Posts: 1
edited April 2008 in Sales
Our company is looking for recommendations on where others have done for negotiation training.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• PostcardPerfectPostcardPerfect subscriber Posts: 0
    I liked the book "Start With No" by Jim Camp. It`s a nice change of pace from the cliche "win-win" style taught most other places.
  • bertbert subscriber Posts: 12
    There are many good and bad books and audios that can help but nothing is better than being able to work with a seasoned negotiator and learning by doing.  It is a skill that many have or can learn but it is also a skill that many will never have or understand.  I try to read a book or listen to an audio at least once every other month on either negotiation, marketing or sales.   Here are some books I have read that are not bad for basics:
  • RicWillmotRicWillmot subscriber Posts: 14
    Bert lists the best book and the best author: Influence by Cialdini.
    Depending on what type of negotiations and the level of people to be educated, my consultancy firm may be able to help you. If not, I may be able to recommend someone to you.Contact me off-line: [email protected] I am in Dubai at the moment, so my response to e-mails may not be as prompt as usual, but I will reply.Rgds,RicRicWillmot4/24/2008 8:40 AM
  • bellapriabellapria subscriber Posts: 1
    Thank you for all the resources everyone! I am not really looking for a book, I am swaying more towards a class or seminar. Do any of you have any experience with any classes ?
  • DougsterDougster subscriber Posts: 4
    Depending on where you live, you might not have many or any classees in your area.
    You might try going to the local book store & seeing if they offer any Video classes.
    Good luck/Skill!