WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Bounce % on Analytics

minimegeologyminimegeology subscriber Posts: 26
edited September 2008 in Website Critique
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to evaluate the bounce percentages when I look at my analytics.  For example, what % is too high and what do the exit pages tell me?  How do I know if I have a problem with a page and how do I determine what that problem is.

Thanks!

Tracy

Comments

• Options
    vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Bounce percent is the % of people who got to that web page and left without going to another of your pages.

So if you have a bounce rate of 100%, then all the people/hits that opened that page also left that page (and did not go to another one of your pages directly).  Now, IF some of your pages are NOT being tracked then it is possible that the bounce rate is incorrect (if some one went from a tracked page to a non-tracked page).

You want to see a lower bounce rate on your home page... assuming that feeds other pages..that is you want people to go to other pages from the home page.

Another thing to consider is the amount of time spent on each page. IF you have a blog, even if the bounce rate is high - if people are staying on that blog page a long time...that implies they are reading your content.

~Roland