WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

iShopUSA or iShop-America

minimegeologyminimegeology subscriber Posts: 26
edited December 2011 in Sales
Hello Everyone,
I received an email from a customer today asking about an order that they did not receive. Apparently, this customer placed the order through an international shipping company because I do not ship outside of the states. We do not ship outside of the USA for many reasons, some of which could put us in a tough liability standpoint with outside countries. For example, Canada requires that you list warning labels in both french and english and we do not.
The order did not ship from us because the credit card was declined. When I started looking into his question I found that there are companies (iShopUSA being one) that will order from US web retailers and ship to overseas customers for them. They claim that they will order from any US retailer. I feel that this puts me at some risk. Does anyone else have experience with this? Since this particular order did not go through I do not know what the "ship to" address listed and am not sure if I would have known it was this type of company.
Thank you for reading this long post. I appreciate any insight you have on this subject.
Tracy