What are the essentials for website exposure/networking?

minimegeologyminimegeology Posts: 26subscriber
Hello,
Does anyone know what are the few things that are essential to a website`s exposure?  I know links, content, metatags and keywords.  But what about Yahoo Directory,  Zoominfo, Digg, Twitter, Facebook and other sites like these?  Are they worth the time and expense? 

Thanks!
Tracy

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld Posts: 40subscriber

Hello,Does anyone know what are the few things that are essential to a website`s exposure?  I know links, content, metatags and keywords.  But what about Yahoo Directory,  Zoominfo, Digg, Twitter, Facebook and other sites like these?  Are they worth the time and expense?   Thanks!Tracy  A presence on directories and social websites does = more website exposure. But I would not pay for it, you can gain exposure but putting in some time and effort not $$. Also, while web grader provides some nice information, it is not totally accurate.  ~Rolandvwebworld6/27/2008 2:43 AM
  • minimegeologyminimegeology Posts: 26subscriber
    I used Web Grader on both of my sites and that is when I started getting overwhelmed!  There are so many options and my sites are very different.  When I got to the Zoominfo and I couldn`t figure out how to insert my companies I started wondering if this stuff was really worth my time to figure out.  One of my sites is easier than the other to work with - the kids geology site.  The other site where I sell things like bookends, candleholders, windchimes and other decor items made of rock and mineral is more difficult.  Customers love the items but I don`t think that most people know that these types of products exist so trying to compete in searches for "bookends" doesn`t work very well.  I think maybe at least for that site, I should focus on joining sites where people can see the products like findgift.com and yahoo shopping.

Tracy

• minimegeologyminimegeology Posts: 26subscriber
    Thank you so much for all of your input!
    Jeff - I will look into all of these shopping outlets.  I think these are going to be important for us.  I haven`t run across any others but if I do I`ll let you know for your list.
    Craig - I`m definitely going to do the Wordpress blog as you suggested!  Great idea.  I used to do ebay and I`m sure its a good idea I just got tired of the time it took.  I`ll look at it again because I know you are right about the visibility.
    Tracy
    minimegeology7/2/2008 12:14 PM