WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Flip side of business card - quote needed

TracyBTracyB subscriber Posts: 1
edited May 2009 in Marketing
Hi!  We would like to print something memorable on the back side of our business card - something to elicit a smile!  Any clever ideas?  I`m thinking something like "Flip me over, please.  This isn`t my good side".  Other thoughts?  Is this nuts?
We retail birdhouses, feeders, solar lighting and garden decor items.  The front of the card contains all the standard info, with a graphic of a tree with a little bird in it. 

Comments

• mjohnstn1mjohnstn1 subscriber Posts: 1
    I highly recommend that you not put anything on the back of your business card. This is one of those situations where "less is more".  People need to be able to write notes on the back of you card about where they met you, when, and what the follow-up should be.  I get so frustrated myself when I go to write on the back of a card and its got writing on it, or has a dark background. I don`t think it`s very professional.  But that`s just my 2 cents.
  • MyMarketEASEMyMarketEASE subscriber Posts: 1
    The back of your card is prime real estate, so use it for something that is going to help "seal the deal" for you.  Think of the space as an advertising opportunity and approach it is as though the statement you make is going to mean the difference between someone calling you back or not.
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    I go along with Maggie,
    I find the back of cards useful for writing notes or additional contact information.
  • TracyBTracyB subscriber Posts: 1
    Lots of great input here; I really appreciate all of your thoughts!  I agree the back is definitely useful for jotting a note.  So IF I decide to pursue using that real estate, it should be small/short enough to allow plenty of room for those notes. 
  • nevadasculnevadascul subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    One thing I used the back of business cards for is writing a quote for potential new customers.  They would ask about a particular product.  I would then work up a quote during our meeting and write the quote on the back of the card. 
  • edmond51284edmond51284 subscriber Posts: 0
    You guys should check out www.redtagprintsale.com -- They offer excellent prices, great quality and also offer an option for no coating on the back, so you can write with a pen.